From: jth...@hotmail.com
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:DGT Screenshot
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 18:45:07 +0800

Pete, you're welcome.

I'm using this same heating element in my disposable
reactor.  I'm attempting replication of Rossi, not Phen\Chan which I think
may be a red herring.  Something just does not smell right to me about
Chan\Phen's method.  I suspect Chan\Phen may have ignited the propane in
his tube and initiated a low-grade chemical burning of his mineral oil
bath.  Using Mineral Oil as coolant and propane as "Inert gas" just
does not seem right to me.

Anyways, I calculated that I load the reactor at 30C (room
temp) or around 300K and at 300-360 psi (Rossi's initial H pressure).
Heating the reactor to 700K (423C - Focardi's "Ideal" temp) would bring the H
pressure to around 700 psi according to the Ideal Gas Law formula.

I don't think 700 psi is that difficult to handle in a
reactor.  My initial attempt will be to use a copper tube rated to 2240 psi
@ 72F.  Derating charts I found said to derate the psi rating when temp
increases.  So I suspect, my copper tube should handle 700psi @ 423C.
If not, I'll upgrade to a stainless steel tube, which will do 2000psi
@350F.  These are "official" safety ratings, so the actual burst rating
would be about 3-5 times higher.  I intend to place the reactor in a blast
chamber (8" concrete walls) and monitor using Wireless IP camera.

At 700 psi reactor target pressure, this heating element
should work.

BTW, did you notice that the same seller lists other
similar heating element of various sizes?  Go to his store, he has other
sizes.

Jojo