Daniel Rocha <danieldi...@gmail.com> wrote:

If one is advocating it,  this limitation should be overcome. With 50k$, a
> year, that is possible, either by self learning or going  to an university.

I believe you are suggesting that with $50,000 per year, Krivit might study
by himself or attend classes at a university to the point where he could
master these theories and make credible critique of the W-L theory. I do
not think that is possible. Take Mizuno for example. He earned a PhD
studying with Bockris, who was a notorious slave driver who expected top
notch work and made his students work 80-hour weeks. Mizuno has decades of
practical experience in chemistry. Yet he says he cannot understand these
theories. As I said, I know several other scientists with similar deep
backgrounds and experience who cannot understand the theories well enough
to debate which is best, or even which has merit. If people like this
cannot debate the issue, I doubt that Krivit could after a few years of
school after reading some textbooks.

Modern physics is extremely complicated. It is not something you can master
in your spare time, and probably not after you pass age 30. That would be
like trying to become a concert pianist in your 30s when you had only
amateur-level training in high school.

It may be that these theories are particularly complicated and difficult to
learn because they are  wrong. I wouldn't know, but in the past incorrect
theories have often been complicated than correct ones. In the book "The
Double Helix" Watson wrote that he could not make head or tail of the
theories proposed to explain cellular reproduction before 1952. They were
over his head. He paid no attention to them. It turned out they were all
completely wrong. He discovered the actual cause, and it was relatively
simple. (Simple enough that even I understand it in some depth.)

There are some disciplines you can master to the farthest extent anyone can
go in a few years. Learning a modern foreign language for example. Once you
can read an adult level book, understand a movie, conduct business or write
a speech or newspaper column in another language, you may not be a native
speaker but you have mastered it. No language is more intrinsically
complicated than any other, because children everywhere master their own
languages by age 5. There other disciplines such as physics or biology in
which the amount that can be learned is far greater than any individual can
master -- or even hear about. In the mid-19th century there were still a
few people who could understand every major development in these fields,
but that is impossible now. I think that is one of the reasons the pace of
progress in science is slowing down, and why it has taken 22 years for
people to accept cold fusion. Science is too big and too complicated for
the human mind.