I can trust technology to manage the constraints according to local
criteria.
in the 70s-80s i've seen the evolution of industrial food in france.
it get really nice today (whatever the local taliban says), and allow
people to focus on other subject (women work, kids, leisure)... if a
culture don't care on tast, you can expect no improvement in taste.
otherwise, technology adapt.

also imagine that much surface of planet today is not used, or not used
efficiently.

to feed africa you only need to multiply by 3 their farming efficiently
(source french SciAm Pour La Science), from awful, to simply low.
no need of modern products, just french revolution style farming...
with european technology, they could raise cattle and focus on industry,
school and leisure like every body.
just have not to be too fast to avoid unemployment...

as usual the only problem is human and politic.