I agree on vegetable market, or established industrial processes where
competition is high. Not for  a company that should sell an highly
needed revolutionary product the functioning of which is secret, a
black box, that has virtually no competitor.  IMHO that decisional
power is given by something more than a  customer/supplier contract.

mic