On 2012-04-20 14:09, Ron Kita wrote:
Greetings Vortex-L

If you use a Google Chrome browser it will automatically translate this
for you:
http://www.greenme.it/informarsi/energie-rinnovabili/7458-fusione-fredda-e-cat-studenti

It can be seen even in Italian that the Pirelli Foundation funded the
research and a patent application
was filed.

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't seen this thread until a few minutes ago.

That Pirelli Foundation founded this is only partially correct, to tell the truth. Although Pirelli *has* funded cold fusion experiment in the past, as far as I know this one started as an independent project. The Pirelli Foundation might have brought some help later on in this case.

Anyway, in short, several teachers (with of course valid degrees and expertise in several areas relevant to this kind of experiment) from the "Leopoldo Pirelli" industrial high school in Rome with the involvement of some of their students, replicated a Mizuno-type electrolytic CF cell with some modifications, of which a patent application was filed by the name of the school, so it is essentially public and open source. More details, video and data will supposedly come up later, but the project organizer mentions a 400% excess heat in an email recently written to 22passi:

http://22passi.blogspot.it/2012/04/fusione-fredda-scuola-la-studiano-e.html
(please use Google translate)

The cell reportedly uses nanopowders in free form, which kind of reminds me of Brian Ahern's patent.

Details about power levels or the materials used haven't been provided yet (will be soon), but I personally don't expect anything more than milliwatt-range excess heat. Still, that CF experiments have been replicated and presented in a high school environment, sounds incredible. It is already getting the attention of local newspapers and it is expected, also with the potential involvement of 22passi, to generate more media reactions, hopefully to the benefit of LENR research and public awareness.

Stay tuned,
S.A.