On 2012-04-23 15:25, Jed Rothwell wrote:

A Mizuno electrolytic cell with powder? Not sure what that means. Do you
mean the gas loaded cell? An Arata cell perhaps?

It is not really clear yet as complete details haven't been provided yet. Here's an excerpt from the email to 22passi by the organizer of these experiments summarizing the setup, translated by me:

http://22passi.blogspot.it/2012/04/fusione-fredda-scuola-la-studiano-e.html

"I'll mention that it's an electrolytic cell (Mizuno-, Iorio- type), with the fundamental difference that it uses free nanopowders, not treated and not fixed [to anything], which we managed to confine and turn on in a totally innovative fluidized bed reactor"

It's not 100% clear even in Italian, but it looks like it's an electrolytic cell using nanopowders. I believe there are some similarities with Brian Ahern's 2011 patent application:

http://www.sumobrain.com/patents/wipo/Amplification-energetic-reactions/WO2011123338A1.pdf

[...]

There were some years ago in the U.S. The results were not definitive,
but I really enjoyed meeting the kids. They were smart as can be. See:

http://lenr-canr.org/?page_id=187#HighSchoolStudents

Yes, I remember seeing those photos. I expect the same level of sophistication from the teachers and kids of the Leopoldo Pirelli high school. I hope to be positively proven wrong.

Cheers,
S.A.