From: Jones Beene [mailto:jone...@pacbell.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 8:43 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:FYI: Polarizable vacuum analysis of electric and magnetic
fields

Mark,

I think you are correct about the instrumentation for quantifying zero point –
“on the way”… and in fact, it would not surprise me if there is already
supporting data out there, having been accumulated using advanced instruments
designed for other purposes, and being held back for the proper timing/context.
This can include the LHC.

In the numen est nomen department - here is a humorous thought if we want to
get away from “ZPE” as being too overwrought: not that it is any easier to
accept “DCE” or “polarizable vacuum”… but if we want to specify something
specific like a dynamical Casimir effect for the road… well no… not
Fahrvergnügen, but close. Given the lore of zero point: the long history, the
Higgs field, the Einstein-Stern-Planck connection, the Sci-Fi nature of it all
– we could always revisit Einstein’s original terminology: Nullpunktsenergie.

I had to tune up my spell checker for than honker. It is such a weird and
wonderful Teutonic run-on, conjuring up “steam punk” and so forth, that it is
almost a surprise that VW has not (yet) used it for one of their SUVs …

…maybe they are waiting for the Ni-H powered version to hit the market.

From: MarkI-ZeroPoint

Until we have instrumentation which is capable of detecting and measuring one
or more properties of the vacuum, it will remain an enigma; an unknown.

It was MEMS and nanotech that allowed us to test for the Casimir force… so
perhaps a ZPF multimeter is not far off.

-Mark