From: OrionWorks - Steven Vincent Johnson [mailto:orionwo...@charter.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2012 7:01 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:Noble Gas Plasma Engine: inside piccy

> Would you mind giving us a short preview of the higher

> power effects you simulated.  I did a similar thing once

> and all I recall is that the second order drop with distance

> was the only one that was stable in orbits.  My simulation

> was a bit crude at the time so I am asking you for your

> observations.  Thanks.

Hi Dave,

Against my better judgment I have decided to give a small preview.

Check out:

http://test.orionworks.com/

As you might have guessed this is one of the sub-domain locations where I'm
in the midst of performing a major overhaul of my entire web site. THIS
LOCATION IS A TEST SITE! EVERYTHING IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION! Lots of links
here don't work, or work incorrectly. Things here are constantly subject to
change without notice as I experiment & fiddle about with this and that
feature. Here today. gone tomorrow.

The celestial mechanics animation is a multi-framed gif file.

I chose using an animated GIF file in this situation over flash because
flash is not supported on Apple's IPad platform... at least not officially.
It's a shame.

I believe this particular animation involved three factors: a positive force
1/r (NOT 1/r^2) a negative/repulsive 1/r^3 force and an external constant
force that was gradually built up over a series of animations. It was the
external force that changed over the entire simulation run. Everything else
remained a constant, so to speak. The external force is gradually building
up from the bottom of the picture. As the force builds upward it gradually
forces the orbiting satellite to gyrate (wiggle and dance!) upwards.
Eventually it pops out of the picture! What astonished me as I ran these
simulations were the number of unexpected bifurcations that would suddenly
manifest when I least expected it. Many, MANY of my simulations exhibited an
astonishing number of unexpected bifurcations.

I have generated many other simulations that produce far more interesting
effects, and beauty. Hopefully before the end of the year I'll have a few
additional things out there. We'll see how it goes.

Regards

Steven Vincent Johnson

www.OrionWorks.com

www.zazzle.com/orionworks