I have the answer to why the gas leaves the cylinder and it is not
teleportation.

Ball lightning is Rydberg matter, and ball lightning has been known to pass
through solid walls.

If highly excited atoms have no coil to confine them to the center of the
cylinder, they will pass through the cylinder walls in the same way that
ball lightning can pass through solid walls.

Simple, the Papp engine is making ball lightning.
Cheers:  Axil