Reference in support of ball lightning  passing through glass and attracted
to conductors.

http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/jse_06_3_grivorev.pdf

Presented in Table 1 are statistical data on the disappearance of BL in *746
*cases in which the BL origin was on conductors. We mention in conclusion
that, according to cited descriptions of BL and the statistical data, BL
may simultaneously possess two exotic properties to which the present paper
is devoted: to originate on a conductor (or to be absorbed by a conductor),
and to penetrate through glass without affecting it (see descriptions 6, 9,
16, 34).

Reference for ball lightning as Rydberg matter.

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2003/sep/23/new-look-for-ball-lightning

An Explanation of the Papp anomaly as follows:.

When the axial confinement field of the coil is removed, Rydberg matter is
no longer confined axially to the center of the cylinder. The energetic
Rydberg matter then is free to pass through the cyclinder walls and is then
attracted to the conductive copper wire. The electrostatic charge of
theRydberg matter induces a  electric charge in the copper wire which  in
turn producing heat.

QED:   Axil