Does anyone know of a physical explanation why the inside would become so much hotter than the outside? Is this because it can not get rid of the heat as easily due to less area of steel or the general confinedness of the heat? Or is this more fundamentally related to focusing of the emitted (gamma) radiation that Rossi has said is responsible for creating the heat?

The point I am trying to make is: how likely is it that this new concentric tube design we see here played a major role in stabilizing the reaction? Is it possible that the nickel inside reactor is in fact lower in temperature than the center of the donut? In other words: is he able to direct the heat away from the reaction itself?

(all pretty stupid questions perhaps from this software engineer.)

On 08/13/2012 10:14 AM, David Roberson wrote:
I think that the hole in the center of the device is open to allow cooling fluid to flow through. This appears to be the hottest region of Rossi's reactor. Notice the bright color seen through the hole.
Dave
-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Blum <andre_vor...@blums.nl>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Mon, Aug 13, 2012 9:28 am
Subject: Re: [Vo]:1200 degrees E-cat operating at 1 bar?

As far as I understand, but I could be wrong, the hot cat reactor is not open at all.

These are two concentric tubes with their ends somehow closed with some kind of appropriate 'putty'. So: the part that you are seeing as open is the hole in the donut, but it is the hollowness of the donut itself that is the reaction chamber.

Unclear to me is how they filled that with the gas and at what pressure. Then again, Rossi says he uses some metal hydride, not gas per se.

Andre

Andre