Andre,

Take 2 steel tubes, put one inside other, weld 1 ring to both tubes, tap 2 thread ports for 2 thermocouples from:
http://edl-inc.com/Store/product-info.php?Temperature_Sensors-pid237.html
Wrap 100 ' #30 nichrome wire #220688529491 from http://www.jacobs-online.biz  around quarts cylinder to fit inside cylindrical cavity, Cut thermocouple leads from one and mount coil for heating. Clip head from other and run 1 top inside quarts tube and other  on bottom for RFG. Weld another ring to other ends. Tap small port for plug into that end. Place in Argon Dry Box via evacuation chamber. In box, mix 1 gm NaH + 1 gm nano Ni + 100 ml hexane. disperse and pour into plug port. Distribute by shaking. Place devise in Dry Box vacuum chamber to evaporate off propane. Bring back into Dry Box and install plug.

Harmonize this variation on a Theme, key of E with electronics and DC power supply for heating.

This is what separates musicians from composers.

Composer

Quoting Andre Blum <andre_vor...@blums.nl>:
As far as I understand, but I could be wrong, the hot cat reactor is not open at all.

These are two concentric tubes with their ends somehow closed with some kind of appropriate 'putty'.
So: the part that you are seeing as open is the hole in the donut, but it is the hollowness of the donut itself that is the reaction chamber.

Unclear to me is how they filled that with the gas and at what pressure. Then again, Rossi says he uses some metal hydride, not gas per se.

Andre

Andre