Celani has a patent for oxidation of Ni surface :

http://www.google.com/patents?id=0iQSAgAAEBAJ&zoom=4&dq=francesco%20celani&p
g=PA1#v=onepage&q=francesco%20celani&f=false

  _____

From: Arnaud Kodeck [mailto:arnaud.kod...@lakoco.be]
Sent: mercredi 15 août 2012 12:20
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:Celani ICCF17 Presentation

What is the new method of treatment for the wire?

"The new method, although started from the old one in some key aspects, was
really revolutionary about the practical parameters of: mechanical stability
(few “leakage” of the best material from the surface), percentage of
material at small dimensions. Such last parameter increased from only 1-2%
up to about 30% of the whole material."

Any clue? Rossi said that is powder needs a repeated process of
heating/cooling. Rossi's powder needs as well activation. Is the activation
done by "oxidation" the powder?

Arnaud