The hydrogen will convect and distribute the heat quite evenly throughout
the cylinder, there will only be a small temperature gradient top to
bottom.  Also results were calibrated against a non LENR heating wire in
the same reactor.  So I partly agree, calorimetry is imperfect, but
probably good enough given the relatively large LENR output.

It would be nice to see a loose fitting secondary clear acrylic tube placed
around the borosilicate tube, with air blown through by a small computer
fan.  measure the flow rate and temperature differential and you have a
simple flow calorimeter that won't chill the borosilicate glass
excessively, and yet retains all of the visibility.  Could be calibrated
using the non-lenr wire.