I think that must be an excited state decay. But I don't know. For a ground state decay, that's very high. What's the mass defect?

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 20, 2012, at 12:55 AM, Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

I sited this link in my poat, you must have missed it.

http://everything2.com/title/proton-proton+chain

See the PPIII section at the end of list.
Cheers: Axil

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 12:37 AM, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <a...@lomaxdesign.com > wrote: I think the Be-8 ground state decay to 2 He-4 is at about the 93 KeV figure. Not the higher figure. Where did you get 18 MeV?

My understanding is that 4D -> Be-8 + about 47.6 MeV, which is initially as a nuclear excited state. Some of that may be emitted as a series of photons. If the Be-8 nucleus lasts long enough, it will decay to the ground state, leaving only the 93 KeV to show up as dual He-4 kinetic energy. If the initial fusion was within a BEC, there may also be 4 electrons to share the energy. It's a stretch, but this is a rough idea of how TSC fusion might meet the Hagelstein limit for charged particle radiation in the FPHE. I'm not saying I believe it!

Sent from my iPhone