On the face of it, there seems to be an engineering dilemma associated with
the concept of removing kinetic energy from atoms in designing a mechanism
to produce power from heat.

But we can do what we want to do if we take another tack. At the end of the
day, the formation of an entangled ensemble of particles is a great
multiplier of LENR subatomic manipulation. But at the most fundamental
level, it’s all about control of electrons.

 At the broadest level of explanation, cold fusion is a result of the heavy
compression of electrons to such a high level that their mutually repulsive
forces overlap causing the various quantum constituents to disaggregate
into separated piles of quantum waves: charge, spin, orbit(aka,  angular
momentum). Electric charge is stripped en mass from the rest and the
location and activity of these waves are distinct and removed to a distance
from their originating particles.

This compression of such an energetic and chaotic electron fluid is not
easy to do because the electrons are so small and slippery.  In an analogy,
both water and CO2 can be maintained in a liquid state if it is confined
and constrained by enough pressure within a pressure vessel with thick
steel walls..

Confining electrons together to prohibit the electrons following their
usual state of free motion requires special materials configured in just
the right way. When this chaotic electron fluid is tamed in this way,
coherent waves of charge will form. It is this pressure exerted on
electrons that cause their charge to disaggregate and dislocate from liked
charge particles. And it is the concentrated action of these waves of
charge that take down the coulomb barrier.

But it's not easy to squeeze the energetic electrons together, because
these tiny particles can leak away into even the tiniest holes of a lattice
of atoms. And even under pressure, the electrons must also be able to move.
They cannot be frozen solid in place as happens in a Mott insulator. To
engineer a situation where electron movement is strongly restricted in just
the right way, one must look toward the newly evolving field of materials
engineering:  topological materials.

The chemical organization of topological materials, their size and shape of
certain combinations of atoms and their positions relative to each other
will project electromagnetic force to break apart electrons and protons
into their most elemental quantum mechanical parts.

Just in the last few years, one and two dimensional materials have been
discovered and strange new classes of matter are being formed. These
designer materials can produce factional angular momentum, the magnetic
monopole and the Majorana particle…A particle that is its own antiparticle
and thus capable of self – annihilation…but these new creations can only
exist in their own very special atomic topological neighborhood.

"Designer" materials made of superatoms and long atomic strings could have
combinations of physical properties that don't exist in nature. We can
produce an ultra-cold condensate at 700C, As Kit Bowen, a chemical
physicist at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, puts it, it's as if you
felt like eating something hot and something cold at the same time, and
could have it both ways. "Like a hot-fudge sundae."

Cheers:   Axil