In-situ HRTEM obeservations of CNT tip growth in a small gas-reaction CVD cell
of nickel nanoparticle catalyst reveal that the nickel nanoparticle was
changing shape indicating that they were in liquid form at a temperature of
600C.  I suspect iron nanoparticles would also be in liquid state very near
this temperature; and forget about copper, it would be melted at much lower
temps.

That is why I am still of the opinion that Rossi's 1000C or 1200C ecats, if
real, must be Carbon nanostructure based.  No metal nanoparticle NAE, cavity,
voids, and vacancies will survive 1000C, let alone 1200C without signiificant
deformations of the nanocavities that house your NAE.  Even refractory metals
like tungsten in nanopowder form would probably start sintering and migrating
at these levels.

Can anyone think of a metal in nanopowder form that will not start to sinter at
1200C?  Only carbon nanostructures will survive these temps.

Hence, when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains however improbable
must be the truth.  Rossi's cats MUST be carbon nanostructure-based.  And once
more, time will prove me right about this.

Jojo