When I  see/read something like the following

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosenova

I think that the magnetic fields created across a void/gap due to charge
concentrations must align the condensate atoms such that the repulsion
between atoms within the condensate is reduced further allowing quantum
gravity to then trigger a collapse and instant, intense radiation and heat
release.  I think the effect is most likely enhanced by external
pressure/repulsion from the lattice on the condensate, ultra high densities
and total charge accumulation.  I am a chemical guy so think less about
magnetic fields but that seems to an important parameter.  Based on that
Papp engine and terrawatt engines I think a lattice is optional, magnetic
field induced across a metallic gap definitely.

Stewart