 Von: Jeff Berkowitz <pdx...@gmail.com>
An: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Gesendet: 18:13 Sonntag, 9.September 2012
Betreff: Re: [Vo]:ECat convention (Report day 1)

I think it's fairly simple actually. Mr Rossi has chosen to organize his
efforts as a commercial enterprise, rather than as a scientific enterprise.
Therefore, proof occurs when somebody can buy one, and the customer reports
that it "works", even if just to some limited extent and with extensive
customer support, if required. These are the same standards that are routinely
applied to any technological enterprise that tries to advance the state of
their own art, whatever it may be.

If Mr Rossi wished to influence or participate in the scientific debate, his
entire approach would have to be different. So in my view the stuff he is
releasing is fine; he can obviously do whatever he likes. It's just not very
important. Scientific publication approach or commercial enterprise approach:
choose one.

Jeff

Thanks for the report! The situation is confusing.