It is a bit premature to assume that hydrogen is actually working.  The amount
of force driving the piston appears to be too small if we are to believe that
one of these engines is capable of 100 HP.  I would expect the piston to be
driven completely from the cylinder and into space if the required force is
generated.

Russ is excited because he sees piston movement and I recall that he was
impressed with the inert gasses earlier.

Someone should calculate what would be expected if the full joule load of the
capacitor bank is applied to a piston.  Could Russ spray lighter fluid of the
equivalent energy release into his device cylinder with only air?  Then we
could see what would be expected if there is no magic to rely upon when this
mixture explodes.  A drop would most likely be sufficient and if this test is
attempted, make sure that proper safety measures are used.

When I was much younger, we made potato cannons that used lighter fluid for
energy.  It only took a tiny amount to send a potato a hundred meters.

Dave