(EDT):
Hi,
[snip]
>Jojo Jaro
>

>Did you watch the debate.  Romney will not increase taxes, not reduce military
>spending, not reduce social spending, not reduce entitlements, and, in the
>process,  reduce the dept.
>

>Why would you vote for someone who cannot add?  Smoke and mirrors never works.

That's easy to do. Cancel the bonds held by the Federal reserve, received in
exchange for printed money. ;)

IOW simply declare the debt null and void, then print greenbacks again.

Note that it's not so much the debt that is a problem, as the interest paid on
the bonds. Because of this, when the Fed. came out with QE3 all they were really
saying is "we have decided to give ourselves billions of your dollars regularly,
more of less indefinitely, while telling you that we are helping the economy".
No wonder some observers have been wondering just how much "good" it will do. :)

BTW does anyone know if bonds are redeemed when old Federal reserve notes are
taken out of circulation?

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk