Ironically, the transition to a post-labor political economy I worked out
in a white paper 20 years ago
(1992)<http://ota.polyonymo.us/others-papers/NetAssetTax_Bowery.txt>was
motivated by my
experience getting legislation drafted and signed into law that privatized
government technology
programs<http://push.pickensplan.com/profiles/blogs/2187034:BlogPost:822703>,
including the US fusion energy
program<http://www.oocities.org/jim_bowery/BussardsLetter.html>.
 Essentially the idea is to replace all government functions with market
functions that are supported by a citizen's dividend.  Critically, however,
that citizen's dividend must be funded by a net asset tax during the
transition.  This view resulted from my confronting not only the public
sector rent-seeking embodied in government programs -- centralizing power
in the public sector -- but the manifest capital market failure resulting
from private sector rent-seeking and the concomitant centralization of
wealth in the private sector without that sector taking on the risk of
technology development.  The political economy debate has been limited to
basically a choice between Keynesian school public-sector trickle-down
economics and Austrian school private-sector trickle-down economics.
 Neither one works -- especially in a post-labor economy.

Since that time, in addition to refining the operational definitions, I've
expanded the scope of that political economy to reformulate the fundamental
approach to human rights around the citizen's dividend so that rather than
voting in the ballot box, people vote with their feet to assortatively
migrate to live among those sharing their strongly held beliefs in causal
laws of human ecology (sociology).  This rescues the social sciences from
the quasi-theocratic morass in which it has wandered  by offering voluntary
controlled experiments to test strongly held beliefs in causal laws of
human ecology.