If only that were true. If you were to do some research into the final years of Marconi in the UK, you would find that the reality was far from the picture that you paint. The senior managers made some absolutely disastrous business decisions, buying up highly overvalued companies, putting Marconi into debt which it could not service such that eventually we went bankrupt. During this time the managers were paid handsomely in bonuses etc, and we are just beginning to realise how much such highly paid people were able to use clever accounting such that they paid very little tax (so contributing little to funding the police etc) , following Leona Helmsley's infamous maxim.
While what you say is true of some companies, it is not true of many.
That is why we do indeed need a new economic system. However, I have yet to see someone come up with what I believe to be a workable answer. That's why I am sticking to trying to sort out LENR, and also sorting out the riddle of conciousness, two far more tractable problems.

Nigel