The first person who goes around during a Sandy#2 and charges people's
laptops and mobile phones with a portable CF-device is going to do a lot
more to convince people it's a "everyday useful energy-source" than any
amount of comments on SciAm or elsewhere.

People want a real-life useful thing. I've tried to tell many about Free
Energy devices, and they're always like: "Well, can I power my stove with
it?", which is a valid question from a real-life use point-of-view. A
question without an answer, unfortunately.