I wonder if  Rossi has observed a similar breathing effect. Recalling
the graph from his sept (?) 2011 demo reminds me of the first
oscillation of the graph below.
Rossi may have choosen to limit the length of his public
demonstrations to conceal the oscillations and perhaps his diffiiculty
in maintaining and/or modulating them.
Harry