At 06:24 PM 12/20/2012, James Bowery wrote:

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <<mailto:a...@lomaxdesign.com>a...@lomaxdesign.com> wrote:
At 05:06 PM 12/20/2012, James Bowery wrote:

Induction heating would require a visible device nearby. If "Lucky Saint" is sincerely attempting to help the world by releasing this technology, as he has presumably attempted by disclosing the fabrication technique, then it would be a small additional effort to post a video of a beaker of water containing the boiling device, with the beaker elevated on some sort of stand that would not plausibly contain an induction heater. Faking that video would be difficult enough to motivate a "Russ" type of fellow, who has access to the requisite resources, to proceed to replicate the recipe.

Aw, c'mon. That level of fake would be trivial. Sure, the video might be made so that it would be difficult. But it would still be quite possible with video editing software. Look, it's a lot of work to replicate something like this. I would *not* invest that work unless:

You aren't a "Russ" kind of guy, though, are you?

Actually, I am. It's a lot of work, though, so I pick my battles.

He's put quite a bit of work into replicating the Papp piston all with even less direct information about how to build one.

Yeah. So far, though, he hasn't done the most obvious things to measure what is actually going on. And it is not apparently a replication. It's a resemblance, which can be very different.

Am I advising people to go out and build this device based on the current or even the proposed video "evidence"?

I didn't think so. Are you? I was pointing out that the evidence you suggested would not sensibly make much difference. There are some simple things that would. If someone reputable, for example, made the video, it could make a big difference.

We've already seen faked videos that got, as an example, Sterling Allen going. I think we are starting to get a little wiser.

Allen exposed what he found that showed the videos were faked. That increased Allen's credibility, and he's done the same thing with other situations.

Naudin's MAHG replication, however, totally trashed his reputation, or should have. Really. Awful. What did he do when his gross calculation error was exposed?

Nothing. The web site still sits there with the blatant error, and he simply stonewalled the criticism. And then the naive look at the site, don't notice the error, and believe his results were "amazing." Obviously, there must be a conspiracy to suppress free energy.

Come to think of it, though, Allen never followed up on his MAHG page.... maybe he'll notice this and do something about it.

http://pesn.com/2005/06/26/9600116_Naudin_MAHG/