Axil,

I agree with your thinking, I will also mention that I believe these
plasmoids or "energetic particles" love mass-energy dense matter like
WATER.  It gives them something to shred at their surface and spit out
their tail, leaving ionized, charged particles.  As I have been modelling
what I believe are more massive energetic particle tracks in our atmosphere
they appear to be FOLLOWING CONDENSED WATER VAPOR trails in the atmosphere.
 Water may have been Papps Nuclear Fuel.  This was also probably the fuel
for Nanospire's energetic particles.  Once the particles/plasmoids are
created, the more mass-energy dense material(water) at their surface makes
them more energetic. Just the way I see it.

Stewart
darkmattersalot.com