On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM, Alan Fletcher <a...@well.com> wrote:
> My first thought was thermo-electric (in which Rossi has some .. history),
> but that counter-indicated by his "low temperature" comments.
>
> How about gammavoltaics?

I mentioned this from of energy conversion to Rossi on his blog about
a year and half ago.
Harry

New thermophotovoltaic materials could replace alternators in cars and
save fuel.
By Kevin Bullis on June 1, 2006

Researchers at MIT are developing new technology for converting heat
into light and then into electricity that could eventually save fuel
in vehicles by replacing less-efficient alternators and allowing
electrical systems to run without the engine idling.

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/405894/an-alternative-to-your-alternator/

harry