The iron at the core of the earth is there not because it was accumulated
first but because it sunk there. Look at the sun, a lot of iron (total
amount even if not relatively to hydrogen and helium) but it is diffuse
around the plasma. It is diffuse because the sun is much hotter than earth.
In the case of the earth as the surface cool down the iron sunk to the core
during the earth formation.
The iron in meteorite is there because they are fragments of proto planets
that got destroyed by collisions with other proto planets. The iron got
isolated at the core as with the case of the earth (faster given that these
were smaller body so they cooled faster) and sunk at the center. When the
body collided with similar ones at the solar system formation the chunks at
the center formed iron meteorites.

No magnetism involved, at least not as you describe it.

Gravity was dominant force. People do simulations of this stuff and they
work.

Giovanni