It is clear these are not laws, but phenomenological regularities observed.
A bit like observing that animal are smaller on islands.

If I understand well, your opinion is that even seen as observation of
regularities, it is not so true... Moreover all is mixed with theoretical
noise.

thanks for that answer.

Naively my recent position is that we discuss too much about theories, and
not enough about results, rough regularities, key factors. Early
theoretical concern have killed the domain on all sides... mainstream
rejected LENR, and some PdD experts laughed at NiH .
Despite what seems an interesting method, it seems Kozima fall into that
theoretical trap.

Beside that, Peter Gluck on his blog raised a concern that we focus too
much on measurement, and not enough on increasing efficiency...
Professionally I agree, because I'm engineer not scientist... after all,
the problem of fire is between the wood and the cooking... anyway,
phenomenological or top-down, we need a theory to optimize and secure LENR.
Usually it is done afterward, and maybe modern society think it is able to
break that old schedule : 1 discover, 2 industrialize, 3 theorize. Hubris?

best regards