<mix...@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Yes, I know, but my way is better. It's completely automatic.

Kind of problematic though. What if the voltage does not drop in my locale
but the power company wants to reduce power anyway?

It's comparable to
> a free market compared to centralized control in a communist system.
> Besides who wants a centralized authority turning off the power that is
> charging
> their car? A bit too much room for abuse IMO.

I can't imagine what kind of abuse there could be. Anyway, if they want to
give me a reduced rate in return for this, I would be pleased.

When corporations and factories give the power company remote access to
turn down their equipment, they get a price break.

With the smart meter, I get a price break now, for not using power during
peak summer hours.