Hi,
[snip]
For what it's worth:

1) The chemical chain reaction that occurs when H2 and CL2 combine looks like
this:

H2 + Cl => HCL + H
H + CL2 => HCL + Cl

The UV light is needed to create a few free radicals to start the process.

Note that atomic H is one of the intermediaries, and

2) According to Mills, HCL is a Hydrino catalyst.

H + HCL => Hy.

So if this reaction is occurring then it would be "OU", and the HCL formed could
be recycled externally into H2 and Cl2 (as Scragg suggested.)

I wonder if the reaction is so powerful when Bromine is substituted for
Chlorine?
(AFAIK Mills hasn't claimed that HBr is a Mills catalyst.)

I wrote to Mills years ago pointing out the Scragg patents. Perhaps that's what
led him to determine that HCL was a catalyst.
[snip]
>The chlorine-hydrogen photoactivated reaction is the only chemical reaction
>which is known to produce nuclear reactions (when deuterium is used in place
>of hydrogen). Neutrons are "stripped" from the deuterium in that case. From
>that detail, one might opine that it is the most powerful chemical reaction
>in nature, but to use it in an engine, the reactants would still need to be
>recycled somehow in an asymmetric way, and the engine would become
>neutron-activated, and radioactive over time.

Note also that if D is present in H (and there usually is), then one might
expect deuterinos to form. A severely shrunken HD molecule might get close
enough to the Cl nucleus for the neutron to "jump ship" and tunnel into the Cl
nucleus.

e.g.

35Cl + Dnucleus => 36Cl + proton + 6.35 MeV or
37Cl + Dnucleus => 38Cl + proton + 3.9 MeV

I suspect that the neutron transfer reaction may be more likely than a proton
transfer reaction because the proton would have to tunnel against the charge on
the Cl nucleus, whereas the neutron has no such problem. An individual Deuterino
may also be able to do this.
(This may actually explain all neutron stripping reactions).

Both 36Cl & 38Cl are radioactive. Does anyone know if these have been detected
in the residue after an explosion?
(All Hydrogen contains a small fraction of deuterium, and 38Cl produces
energetic gamma rays).

BTW using Boron for the walls of the container would result in the neutron
tunneling into the B10 nucleus, safely converting it into B11. Hopefully, in
that case the energy is carried away by the remaining proton from the deuterium.

[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk