From: mixent <mix...@bigpond.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thu, Mar 14, 2013 11:27 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Dilute D2O Cold Neutron Capture In Papp Engine?

Hi,
[snip]
>Robin,
>

>Why is the energy required to break apart the D 2.2 MeV?  Ed calculated 1.7
>MeV
by calculating the mass difference which seemed correct.  I would assume that
there is no charge change taking place which involves an electron since the
same
number of protons are present in both the initial and final products.  Could
you
explain your reasoning?

Please see my earlier post, where Ed's calculation is corrected.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk