The polariton exists in a state of Quantum Mechanical superposition with
the other members of its ensemble in a Nano-cavity.   This is critical for
the thermalization of fusion energy because the polariton will share its
energy between all its entangled ensemble members when the fusion event
occurs. This transfer of energy results in decoherence of the entangled
states. The nano-cavity will rapidly reinitiate the BEC and the next fusion
of a polariton can occur.   Quantum complementarity is the essential
feature distinguishing quantum from classical physics.   When two physical
observables are complementary, the precise knowledge of one of them makes
the other unpredictable. The most known manifestation of this principle is
the property of quantum-mechanical entities to behave either as particles
or as waves under different experimental conditions. The link between
quantum correlations, quantum nonlocality and Bohr’s complementarity
principle was established in a series of “which-way” experiments, in which
the underlying idea is the same as in Young’s double-slit experiment.  Due
to its wave-like nature, a particle can be set up to travel along a quantum
superposition of two different paths, resulting in an interference pattern.
If however a “which-way” detector is employed to determine the particle’s
path, the particle like behavior takes over and an interference pattern is
no longer observed.   These experiments have brought evidence that the loss
of interference is not necessarily a consequence of the back action of a
measurement process. Quantum complementarity is rather an inherent property
of a system, enforced by quantum correlations. This manifestation of
quantum mechanics enables random fusion energy distribution for cavity
polaritons. Polaritons in micro-cavities are hybrid quasiparticles
consisting of a superposition of cavity photons and two-dimensional
collective electronic excitations (excitons) in an embedded quantum well.
Owing to their mutual Coulomb interaction, pump polaritons generated by a
resonant optical excitation can scatter resonantly into pairs of polaritons
(signal and idler).   In the low excitation limit, the polariton parametric
scattering is a spontaneous process driven by vacuum-field fluctuations
whereas, already at moderate excitation intensity, it displays
self-stimulation.   In either of these two cases where the fusion energy
goes is directed by the luck of the draw and the randomness of the vacuum
energy within the nano-cavity.     Thermalization of fusion energy is all
important in LENR because it preserves the structure of the NAE. If the
energy produced by fusion was not moderated it would rapidly destroy the
cavities that contained the reaction.   This sometimes happens in LENR
where water is present as the source of the dielectric. In this situation,
the fusion energy produced by the reaction destroys the vessel of its
creation and a crater erupts in the cathode of the LENR device.

Cheers:   Axil