On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 7:56 PM,  <mix...@bigpond.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> [snip]
>>The standard model, I assume, is predicated on the conviction that QM
>>is correct and also necessary.
>>It is felt necessary because it explains the apparent stability of
>>matter which CM could not do.
>
> CM explains the stability of matter just fine, once you accept that the
> electron
> ceases to radiate when it reaches the point that a further change in energy
> would require a concurrent change in angular momentum that is less than that
> required to form a photon. IOW a violation of the conservation of angular
> momentum, for the electron photon ensemble. IMO It is this which prevents the
> electron from permanently collapsing into the nucleus via photon emission.
> [snip]
> Regards,
>
> Robin van Spaandonk
>
> http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/project.html

Classical EM theory says a charge undergoing acceleration should radiate energy.
A charge with angular momentum is experiencing an acceleration (in the
classical mechanical sense
of angular menumtum) so it should also lose angular momentum through a
process of radiation.
In classical physics the process of radiating energy is expected to be
continuous from infinite to zero,
which means there is no minimum energy state.

So your proposal of a minimum energy state is different from classical
physics but it is also different
from quantum physics because the process of radiation is continuous,
rather than discrete, above that the minimum.

Harry