Dear Francis,

Your post got me thinking. We may have a chicken or the egg situation here.

The speed of light may well be modified in the nuclear active environment
(NAE). But why?

The first think that passed through my head was how Joe Papp shot large
amounts of current through isotopes to increase the alpha production from
radioactive alpha emitters.

 From the ScienceDaily reference as follows:
“They found that a specific property of vacuum called the impedance, which
is crucial to determining the speed of light, depends only on the sum of
the square of the electric charges of particles but not on their masses.”

If we increase the charge density in and immediately around the NAE, the
speed of light might well be modified. The increase in the electric charge
concentration might modify the character and the strength of the vacuum,
and therefore the speed of light.

Is it the increase in the charge concentration that lowers the coulomb
barrier or is it the associated change in the speed of light, or is it the
modification of the vacuum impedance that is the active agent.

The Papp engine does concentrate charge in the noble gas clusters without
the presence of a NAE.

The Noble gas cluster provides a different type of NAE.

Where does the increase in energy within a LENR system come from, the
vacuum or the fusion and/or fission that causes transmutation due to a
lowered coulomb barrier?

How can we understand what the ultimate cause of LENR really is and what
are the associated effects?

Cheers:   Axil