OK Peter, let's discuss. I view the LENR process like I would a complex machine in which all the parts have a function, but each must work with the other parts for the entire machine to work properly. No part can be examined to determine its function without considering how it relates to every other part. Unfortunately, each theory being proposed to explain LENR is applied to a different part. If a clock were used as an analogy, one theory explains the spring will ignoring the balance wheel. Another explains the balance wheel and ignores the gears. In other words, if a person proposes how the Coulomb barrier is reduced, I propose he must also provide a method for releasing the mass-energy that is consistent with the proposed lowering process. If a method to form helium is proposed, the method must also show how tritium and transmutation can be produced.

I realize many people do not consider the LENR process to be a single machine, but instead a complex mixture of independent processes. They imagine under some conditions, helium is made. Change the conditions and transmutation becomes the main reaction. Apparently some theoreticians expect tritium to form for no apparent reason. This creates a mayor conflict in how the behavior is explained and creates a basic question. Does LENR result from single basic nuclear process that occurs in the same NAE, or is LENR a collection of independent processes that occur in various locations in a material, depending on a complex collection of conditions?

The answer a person makes to this question determines the rest of the discussion. Consequently, this conflict in basic belief must be resolved before any discussion is possible. I get the impression that a great deal of conflict has been created during past discussions because this basic question is not clearly resolved and lingers as an unconscious distraction.

Ed Storms