I agree more with the vision of Kuhn and Taleb, that it is not accident but
structural.
all blackswan, paradigm change, inconvenient anomalies, are treated the
same, for reason that are clear and unavoidable.

today what happened with LENR is described perfectly by Kuhn.
nothing else could have happened.
science will not discover LENR, never.
of course history will be rewritten, to claim the opposite.

only solution to limit what is happening today, is to allow various islands
of science, and not a huge continent of scientific community where science
is settled.

it was one strength of balkanized  european zone in medieval period... and
the big science spirit was the weakness of china.