Harry, random suggestions guided by no relationship to knowledge is not very useful. My guiding principle is that all aspects of CF are consistent with normal, well known, and accepted laws and rules of both physics and chemistry. Only one small part is missing, which needs to be identified. Nevertheless, the role of this missing part can be clearly determined. This missing part does not in any way relate to alpha emission. The interaction of an alpha with matter is well known and understood. It does not initiate a fusion reaction. If it could, all alpha emitters would occasionally produce CF in the presence of hydrogen, which has not been observed. Of course, someone will find a way to counter this conclusion, but to what end? We must use some triage here. We need to consider ideas that are consistent with all that is known about materials and about how CF behaves? Unless you can show some consistency with what is known and observed, the ideas are a waste of time. So, put your thinking cap back on.

Ed  Storms