Kevin O'Malley <kevmol...@gmail.com> wrote:

That's a 1901 article.  They couldn't get published after 1903.

> Wilbur Wright, Recent Experiments in Gliding Flight, November 1903
> ***I can't find this article.

See:

http://www.loc.gov/item/wright002973

They did not want to publish after 1903 for the same reason Rossi does not
want to. They were concerned about commercial rivals. They concentrated on
getting a patent which they received in 1906. They continue to take some
steps to hide the technical details of their airplanes, such as asking
people not to take close-up photographs of the wing warping equipment. This
is because they intended to file another patent and in those days the rules
about revealing things ahead of a filing were stricter than they are now.

I am surprised the 1901 and 1903 articles did not prevent them from getting
a patent. I gather their patent attorney was having conniptions from 1903
to 1906, repeatedly telling them to shut up. He was one of the best in the
business.

They also hooked up with the Charles Flint company one of the best venture
capitalist firms in the world. They usually concentrated on selling things
like battleships to nations. Flint also had a hand in founding IBM.