Edmund Storms <stor...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> * Heat appears with D but not H.
>

> This is not true. Heat has been measured when H is used.

Only a few people have detected heat with Pd-H. Fleischmann found marginal
heat, and you reported some. Let me put this way: heat comes a lot more
readily with deuterium. Since the choice of D or H cannot affect the
calorimetry, that indicates something real is happening.

> * Heat only appears with high loading.
>

> This is only true during electrolysis.

True, but again it is a control factor which cannot possibly influence the
calorimetry, so it cannot be causing an instrument artifact.

> A calorimeter is not affected by the source of energy.

Well, it is at least plausible that a calorimeter in which the temperature
is measured in the electrolyte might be affected by the choice of heavy
water or light water. I do not think there is any measurable difference,
but there could be one. A gas calorimeter with the sample and temperature
sensor surrounded by D or H gas will probably have a slightly different
calibration curve for the two gases.

In a calorimeter where you measure outside the cell, the cell components
cannot affect performance. Except to a tiny extent, where the heat
originates in different parts of the cell, especially the top or bottom, as
shown by the Italians.