On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 5:45 AM, Joshua Cude <joshua.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Alain Sepeda <alain.sep...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> plate tectonics evidence where overwhelming much before they were
>> accepted.
>> there was explanation for the moving mechanisme decades before.
>>

> Maybe much before they were universally accepted. Support grew with the
> evidence, as might be expected. Cold fusion has stagnated at essential
> rejection for 24 years.

Obviously the controversy isn't over. I meant it is comparable to the time
when plate tectonics was considered fringe science.  It took about 45
years  from the time continental drift was first proposed in 1912 to its
acceptance.
However, the concept is really much older  and was first proposed in 1596.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_drift
According to Wikipedia it seems the concept of continental drift
wasn't firmly rejected until the mid 19 th century due to certain findings
and the influence of James Dana, a prominent geologist of the time.

Harry

Harry

Harry