Eugen Leitl <eu...@leitl.org> wrote:

> Definitely, and at 100 W sustained power your experiment will
> soon breed enough curies to kill you without sufficient
> shielding.

Not with cold fusion. The ratio of tritium to heat is not the same with
cold fusion as it is with plasma fusion. The ratio is not fixed, either.

That is also true of neutrons. There are very few, or none, whereas a 100 W
plasma fusion reaction would produce enough neutrons to kill you.

As far as I know, the only product of cold fusion that occurs in the same
ratio to the heat is helium, and that may only be the case with Pd-D.

I must admit I have never heard of radioactive
> boy scout cases amount CF investigators. Are there any?

See: the dead graduate student problem.