Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have produced papers describing experiments showing that gold
> nanoparticles can reduce the half-life of U232 alpha emissions from 69
> years to 6 microseconds to not effect here art vortex.
>
> The experimenter must be a kook say you all.

We never say that here. What we say is, "I am not convinced because I have
not had time to examine this data" or because "I do not have the expertise
to judge this." Or, "I am not interested enough to make the effort to read
and understand this." That's different from saying the experimenter a kook.

When I talk about people being convinced by Fritz Will, I mean people who
know a lot about tritium. Not random people who happen to be part of a
discussion group.

> I have referenced experiments that show fission of thorium is produced by
> gold nanoparticles to no effect.

Again, that claim is somewhat complicated. Some people do not want to make
the effort to evaluate it. Plus it has to be independently replicated
several times before we can be sure. This is not industrial chemistry, I
assume.

> If the experiment does not fit into the narrow belief system of the
> reader, then the experiment does not change anything in that persons mind.
>  Sad but so true

That does happen.

In other cases, the experiment is outside the scope of a professional
scientist. A wise scientist will refrain from judging it. It is always okay
to withhold judgement.

Some things are much harder to judge than others. Aside from a handful of
flakes, most scientists would agree that 50 MJ of energy coming from a gram
of Pd is proof that a nuclear reaction has occurred. That concept is easy
to grasp. However, to evaluate that claim, you have to understand
calorimetry, and you have to read several papers. It is not easy. Most
scientists are not willing to make the effort. That's okay! As long as they
refrain from expressing an opinion about whether cold fusion exists or not,
that's fine with me.