On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Joshua Cude <joshua.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The figure plots the loading in experiments that showed excess heat. So,
>> it means if you see excess heat, the loading is high. It does not show the
>> converse, which is what you claim.
>>

> Ding ding ding ding ding ding!!! You win the Internets!
>
> THAT is one of the strangest assertions I have ever read, in all the years
> I have been reading strange comments from skeptics. Seriously, that takes
> the cake.

Maybe you don't understand what "converse" means.

As I read McKubre's paper, Fig 1 is a frequency plot for SRI experiments in
which they claimed excess heat. Experiments in which they did not claim to
observe excess heat at SRI are not represented.

It shows that when excess heat was claimed at SRI, the loading was high.
But the figure does not exclude experiments in which the loading was high,
but excess heat was not claimed. Whether or not your claim that high
That's simple logic.

> Second, how would excess heat cause high loading?

Who said anything about causation? The figure shows that alleged excess
heat is accompanied by high loading. It does not show that high loading is
*necessarily* accompanied by a claim of excess heat. You said it did.

> Or, third, are you saying this is coincidence, or that some third factor
> causes both loading and excess heat?

All I'm saying *here* is that the figure does not show that high loading
guarantees excess heat. Elsewhere I have argued that it is much more likely
that an artifact mistaken as excess heat is correlated with high loading,
or the conditions that produce high loading, than that nuclear reactions
are so correlated. And while I can't identify such an artifact, neither can
you identify a nuclear reaction that fits the claims.