Edmund Storms <stor...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

Before we get too excited. I think two questions need to be answered.

> 1. When was the calibration done and under what conditions.

I do not see what difference it makes when it was done. Anyway, it was
after the hot run. The procedure is described in the paper on p. 18.

2. How long does the hot-cat function at such high temperatures.

That is next on the agenda. Quoting the Ny Teknik report:

"The next test will be a long-term test. We will probably run for six
months and see if heat production is continuous throughout an entire
semester, says Bo Höistad."

Some of Rossi's earlier reactors ran continuously for long periods. The
factory heater went for months. So I doubt there is a problem. Perhaps the
high temperature is a problem. In that case, I expect it can be run at more
moderate temperatures for long periods, based on the performance of the
factory heater and others.