Andrew <andrew...@att.net> wrote:

> Since the supply powering the E-cat is off-limits, they measure only wall
> power. That means that one could secrete a discrete power source inside the
> supply box, and its power output would evade measurement. That's the "input
> hoax".

Mary Yugu suggested this, at Forbes. Unless she or some other skeptic can
describe a method of fooling a modern, high quality power meter I think she
has no case.

> The "output hoax" might consist of secreting a nuclear power source,
> appropriately shielded, inside the other inaccessible part of the
> apparatus; the E-cat itself.

Bianchini's meters would have detected this. Even a Pu-238 reactor will
trigger his sensors. Pu-238 costs fantastic sums of money and civilians
such as Rossi are not allowed to buy it.

It would take about 1.4 kg of Pu-238 to produce this much heat. The U.S.
DoE is spending $1.5 billion to produce 150 kg of the stuff. That's $10
million per kg, so this would cost Rossi $14 million if he bought it on the
black market. I guess he could steal it himself from highly secure DoE bomb
factories that hold 50,000 drum cans of toxic radioactive waste. I doubt he
is capable of that.

I think we should rule out this kind of thing.