Eric, when you speculate, you need to apply some basic science. For example, a reaction involving three nuclei, one of which has a very low concentration has a probability of occurring that is near zero, based on the random chance that all three can get together at the same time at the same location. Then you have to add the ability to overcome the huge Coulomb barrier at a significant rate, which is also very small. Only then is it worth considering the fast He3, which is not detected.

Why would you assume a person who is measuring the mass peak at D2 would not notice if it started to drop?

Ed Storms