  From: David Roberson
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Monday, May 27, 2013 11:44 AM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:Re: Constant temperature Operation of ECAT?

  I do not follow how the set point can be the operating temperature.  How is
this inputting to the comparator?  Are you proposing some external heat source
which remains constant at that temperature?  For a loop to function it must
have a reference that does not change with the controlled parameter.  If this
is not the case, then the temperature will drift toward one of its limits.

  The beauty of positive feedback is that this type of behavior is exactly what
you desire.  As long as you can reverse the drift direction periodically you
are in control.

  Dave