On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Alan Fletcher <a...@well.com> wrote:

> [...]

Right, but I thought the ecat was supposed to provide the lots of power.
They *changed* the power for the Dec and March runs, and never used more
than 1 kW, and averaged only 400W. Is that how much your dryer consumes?

> This is a test rig he's using, so of course it's over-engineered.

This is a con job, so of course it's over-engineered. Just like the 500 kW
power supply connected to a megacat producing 500 kW heat.

> You really think that (after building a 3-phase controller-triac test rig)
> that he should redesign it just for the March test?

He *did* redesign it. He stopped using the triac, and replaced it with a
different control circuit. That could most certainly have been
single-phase, but then how to get them to use the right plug?